IMPORTANT: A CD, DVD or Blu-ray Disc® drive with recording capabilities is required to complete this procedure. To determine if your computer has an optical drive with recording capabilities, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Place the appropriate type of recordable disc in the optical drive of your computer.
NOTE: The following full sized (12cm) recordable discs can be used:
- DVD+R DL
- In the PMB VAIO Edition window, click to select the videos or photos you want to save to the disc.
- Click the Create Discs icon, and in the menu, click to select Create Data Discs.
- In the Data Disc Creation window, in the Disc name field, type the name you want to assign to the disc you will be creating.
NOTE: The PMB software will automatically enter a name in the Disc name field that consists of the current date and time. While this name will be distinct, it is usually not very descriptive, which is why we suggest that you enter a name you like and will find easier to remember. The Data Disc Creation window also allows you to see the following information:
- Summary: This area shows the number of files being copied to the disc, the total size of the files being copied, and the total space on the disc.
- You can add more files by dragging them from the main PMB VAIO Edition window to the center of the Data Disc Creation window.
- You can view and manage the files that are scheduled to be copied to the disc by clicking the down arrow.
- You can change the recordable drive being used, change the write speed, choose to resize the images, choose to convert video files, and set other copy parameters by clicking the Settings button.
- Once all the files you want to copy have been selected and all other options have been set, click the Start button to begin the disc creation process.
- As the data disc is being created, an indexed table of contents will automatically be created and placed on the disc.
- The time it will take to complete the disc creation process will vary based on the number and size of the files being saved.