An error may occur when playing a DVD disc with a region code setting different than that of the drive. To avoid the error, or to set the region code for the DVD drive to a different region code, follow this procedure to change the region code setting of a DVD drive.
- After four changes, the region code will remain set to the last change made and can not be changed.
- The region code can be changed up to four times.
- If a new region code is needed the DVD/CDROM drive will need to be replaced.
- Replacement of the drive is not covered under the warranty.
- This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
- A DVD disc of the region being selected must be in the DVD/CDROM drive to complete the region code setting change.
- Click the Start button, and then click the Control Panel icon.
- In the Contol Panel window, click the System and Maintenance icon, and then click the Device Manager icon.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click the DVD/CDROM drives icon.
- In the Device Properties window, click to select the DVD Region tab.
- In the DVD Region window, click to select the appropriate region code.
- Click the OK button.