Follow these steps to troubleshoot a USB mouse.
- Ensure the latest drivers have been downloaded and installed.
- This problem has been known to occur if the HotSync® utility is loading at startup. This is caused by both the USB mouse and the HotSync utility program trying to access the USB port at the same time.
- Clean the mouse ball and inside the mouse.
- Turn off the computer.
- Reset the BIOS defaults .
- Disconnect the USB mouse from the computer.
- Check the USB connector on the mouse cable to ensure it is not bent.
- Restart the computer.
- Remove all devices listed in Device Manager under MOUSE.
- Reattach the mouse. The mouse will be detected and the correct drivers will load.