The System Restore feature allows you to revert your computer back to the way it was at a previous point in time. This is an excellent way to fix various computer problems or undo any system changes that may have occurred since that point.
- Ensure that at least 200MB of free space is available on the system drive.
- Remove all third-party hardware attached to the computer before performing a System Restore.
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all open programs before performing a System Restore.
NOTE: In order for the System Restore feature to be able to work, you must first establish an initial Restore Point. Follow these steps to create a Restore Point .
Below are other ways to use the System Restore feature.
- How to restore the operating system configuration to an earlier date .
- How to create a System Restore point .
- How to enable or disable System Restore .
- How to undo a previous System Restore operation .
- How to delete all System Restore points .
- How to adjust the amount of disk space used by the System Restore feature .