How to use the Reading View feature in the Microsoft Edge browser.
The Reading View feature removes all the distractions on a web page like sidebars, ads, comments and other styling distractions to show just the important content of the page. Follow these steps to use the Reading View feature in the Microsoft® Edge browser.
- From the task bar, click the Microsoft Edge icon.
- Browse the Internet until you find a web page that you want to use with the Reading View feature.
- Click the Reading View icon, or press the CTRL+SHIFT+R key combination to enable the feature.
- If the Reading view icon is black as shown in the image above, then the Reading view function is currently turned off.
- If the Reading view icon is blue, then the Reading view function is currently turned on.
- If the Reading view icon is grayed out, then the Webpage does not support the Reading view function.
- To exit out of Reading View, click on the Reading View icon again or click the Back button in the browser.
While in the Microsoft Edge browser, you can change the Reading View style and font settings by clicking the More Actions icon and then clicking Setting.
- To change the Reading View background color, in Settings, under Reading, next to Reading view style, click the down arrow and then click to select the desired background color.
- To change the Reading View font size, next to Reading view font size, click the down arrow and then click to select the desired size.