Follow these steps to disable or enable the Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6):
- Press the Windows Logo + X key combination on the keyboard and, from the list, click Control Panel.
NOTES: Because the Control Panel is a traditional Windows Desktop application, if you were not already there, the interface will change to the Desktop and the Control Panel window will open.
- In the Control Panel window, click Network and Internet.
- In the Network and Internet window, click Network and Sharing Center.
- In the Network and Sharing Center window, in the left pane, click Change adapter settings.
- In the Network Connections window, click to select Wireless Network Connection and then on the menu bar, click Change settings of this connection.
NOTE: If Change settings of this connection is not available, click the right arrow to display it, as shown in the image below:
- To disable IPv6, in the Network Connections Properties window, under This connection uses the following items:, click to uncheck the box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click the OK button.
NOTE: To enable IPv6, click to check the box next to Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click the OK button.
- Close the Network Connections window.