IMPORTANT: This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
- Click the Start button, and then click the Control Panel icon.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click Performance and Maintenance.
- Under Pick a Control Panel icon, double-click System.
- In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab, and then click the Device Manager button.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click Network adapters.
- Right-click the desired Network Adapter, and then click the Uninstall button.
- On the Confirm Device Removal window, click the OK button.
- In the Device Manager window, click the Scan for hardware changes icon. The device will now reinstall.
- Restart the computer.
NOTE: For some devices, the Windows® XP operating system will display a System Settings Change window. Click the Yes button to restart the computer. The Windows® XP operating system will automatically reinstall the correct driver.