In certain situations the Secure Digital (SD) and Memory Stick® (MS) card reader/writer many not work correctly after installing the Windows® 7 operating system drivers. To resolve the issue, use the following workaround:
- Download and install the Memory Card Reader/Writer and Memory Stick drivers.
- If you upgraded to the Windows 7 operating system, you must download and install all drivers available online.
- Windows 7 operating system drivers are not available for all computer models.
NOTE: The manufacturer of the driver varies. It may be listed as Texas Instruments or Ricoh.
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click System and Security.
- In the System and Security window, under System, click Device Manager.
- Click to select the appropriate device.
NOTE: It may be listed as Base System, Unknown, Other device or something else.
- On the menu bar, click Action and then click Update Driver Software.
- In the Update Driver Software window, click Browse my computer for driver software.
- Under Search for driver software in this location, click the Browse... button.
- In the Browse For Folder window, navigate to the C:\Users\[username]\appdata\local\temp folder and then click the OK button.
- Replace [username] with the name of the user account that is currently logged on.
- If the folder does not show in the Browser For Folder window, configure the operating system to show all files and folders .
- In the Update Driver Software window, verify Include subfolders is checked and then click the Next button.
- Click the Close button.
- Restart the computer.