If, after installation of the hard drive and booting with the recovery media CD, you receive an Operating System Not Found error, follow this procedure.
IMPORTANT: This information applies only to computers using the operating systems listed below this article in the Applicable Products and Categories section.
First, verify that the hard drive is being detected in the BIOS:
- Restart the computer.
- At the SONY screen, press the F2 button.
- In the BIOS SETUP UTILITY window, press the RIGHT ARROW key until Boot is selected.
- In the Boot Settings window, press the DOWN ARROW key until Hard Disk Drives is selected.
- Press the ENTER key.
- In the Hard Disk Drives window, verify that the hard drive is listed.
NOTE: If the hard drive is not listed then it is not being detected.
- Press the ESCAPE key to return to the Boot Settings window.
- In the BIOS SETUP UTILITY window, press the RIGHT ARROW key until Exit is selected.
- Press the ENTER key twice.
If the hard drive was listed in the BIOS, insert Disk One of the recovery media and restart the computer. The hard drive recovery process should begin.
If the hard drive was not listed in the BIOS, shut down the computer, disconnect and reconnect the hard drive, then insert Disk One of the recovery media and restart the computer to begin the hard drive recovery process.