Because the Media Gallery software utilizes the VAIO Update utility to locate and install updates, the VAIO Update cannot be accessed properly error will appear if the initial setup for the VAIO Update utility has not been completed.
Follow this procedure to complete the initial setup for the VAIO Update utility and allow the Media Gallery software to update successfully.
- Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click VAIO Update 5.
- In the Welcome to VAIO Update window, click the Next button.
- In the License Agreement window, read the license agreement, click to select I agree to the license agreement, and then click the Next button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the remainder of the VAIO Update initial setup process.
NOTE: Once the initial setup process is complete, VAIO Update will immediately check for important VAIO Update utility updates. If any are found and installed, the VAIO Update software may prompt you to restart the computer. The remainder of this procedure can be completed after a restart.
- Click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Media Gallery.
- In the Media Gallery window, click Tools and then click Check for update programs.