The Magnifier feature is a tool that is used to enlarge different areas of the screen. This is especially useful for viewing objects that are difficult to see, as well as for seeing the entire screen more easily.
There are three modes available to use in Magnifier:
- Full-screen mode: In full-screen mode, the entire screen is magnified. Magnifier can then follow the mouse pointer.
- Lens mode: In lens mode, the area around the mouse pointer is magnified. When the mouse pointer moves, the area of the screen that is magnified moves along with it.
- Docked mode: In docked mode, only a portion of the screen is magnified, leaving the rest of the desktop in a normal state. This will allow control of which area of the screen is being magnified.
To access the Magnifier, use the following procedure:
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right or top-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Search charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + Q key combination will also take you to the Search screen.
- In the Search screen, in the Search field type Magnifier, and then press the Enter key.
- In the Magnifier window, click the Views drop-down arrow, then select the desired mode to use.
NOTE: The Magnifier window will disappear after a few seconds and will be replaced by a Magnifying Glass icon. To access the Magnifier window again simply click the Magnifying Glass icon.
- Move the pointer to the area of the screen to be magnified.
- To exit Magnifier, in the Magnifier window click the X in the upper right-hand corner, or press the Windows Logo + Esc key combination.
- When using full-screen mode, the entire desktop can be previewed by clicking the Views menu, and then clicking Preview full screen.