How to create a PIN for your account.
A PIN is a quick, convenient way to sign in to your computer by using a four digit numeric code.
- Point to (but do not click) the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click to select the Settings charm.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings screen, in the lower-right corner, click Change PC settings.
- In the PC Settings screen, click the Users tab.
- On the Users tab, click the Create a PIN button.
- At the prompt, enter your current password and select OK.
- At the Create a PIN prompt, enter the desired four digit numeric code in the Enter PIN box, re-enter it in the Confirm PIN box, and then click the Finish button.