To enable the WLAN or Wi-fi® adapter using the Windows Mobility Center, follow the procedure below:
- Verify the physical wireless switch is turned on.
NOTE: For model-specific information about the location of the physical wireless switch, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sound.
- In the Hardware and Sound window, click Windows Mobility Center.
- In the Windows Mobility Center window, click the Turn wireless on button.
- If the Turn wireless on button is grayed out, you will need to turn on the WLAN adapter using either the SmartWi Connection Utility or the VAIO Smart Network utility .
- VAIO computers with the Windows® 7 or Windows Vista® operating system include either the SmartWi Connection Utility or the VAIO Smart Network utility, but not both.