IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
The Intel® Wireless Display feature , also called WiDi, allows you to wirelessly transfer video and audio from your computer to your TV or monitor. Follow the procedure below to set it up:
- Not all computers have the Intel Wireless Display technology. To see if your computer has it, check the specifications. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- The wireless network adapter in your computer must be turned on to use this feature. For information about turning on the WLAN adapter using both the physical switch and the SmartWi™ software, refer to the user manual.
- An Intel Wireless Display manual is available that includes troubleshooting steps and FAQs.
- Plug the AC adapter into the Netgear® Push 2 TV Adapter .
- Press the power button on the Netgear adapter to turn it on.
- Connect an HDMI® or A/V composite cable from the Netgear adapter to the TV or monitor.
NOTE: HDMI is the recommended connection method.
- Turn on the TV or monitor.
- On the TV or monitor, select the appropriate video port depending on which cable you used.
NOTE: For example if you connected the Netgear adapter to HDMI port 1 on the TV, select the HDMI port 1 video input on the TV.
- The TV or monitor now displays the following screen:
- Press the Wireless Display button on the computer to open the Intel Wireless Display application.
NOTE: You also can open the Intel Wireless Display application using the Start Menu .
- In the Intel Wireless Display window, in the Detected adapters section, click to select Push2TV NETGEAR PTV1000 and then click the Connect button.
NOTE: If the Push2TV NETGEAR PTV1000 is not shown, click the Scan for available adapters button. You may have to scan for adapters several time for the device to show.
- On the TV or monitor, a screen will display a four digit security code.
- On the computer, in the Enter security code window, type the four digit security code as it is displayed on the TV or monitor and then click the Continue button.
IMPORTANT: The security code will be displayed on the TV screen for only several minutes. You must enter the code on the computer within this time period. If the code disappears from the TV screen, repeat the procedure.
- If a Windows Security Alert window is displayed click the Allow Access button.
- The name of the application that must be allowed network access is WiDiApp.
- Depending on the firewall or security software you are using, a different window may be displayed.
- In the Rename adapter window, type any name you would like in the textbox and then click the Continue button.
NOTE: The name is limited to 18 characters.
- In the You have successfully set up your adapter window, click the Finished button.
NOTE: Display resolution is subject to the media hardware, including but not limited to the cables. Refer to the following maximum resolution capabilities:
- VGA: 2048x1536
- HDMI: 1920x1080