If the function keys, such as the LCD brightness or volume control, does not work or the SmartWi™ Connection Utility does not detect that the physical wireless switch is turned on, install the following drivers and software in the specified order:
- Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- It is recommended to update your computer before downloading and installing the driver and software below.
- You may also use the VAIO® Recovery software to install the drivers and software. For information about using the VAIO Recovery software refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Video driver
- Audio driver
- Sony® Shared Library
- Sony Firmware Extension Parser driver
- Sony Notebook Utilities
- SmartWi Connection Utility
NOTE: The SmartWi Connection Utility is not available for all models and is not required to resolve the issue of the function keys not working.