The CD, DVD or the Blu-ray Disc optical drive will not read a disc or is not working properly.
If the CD, DVD or the Blu-ray Disc® optical drive will not read a disc or is not working properly, follow the steps below.
- Determine if your computer has a Blu-ray Disc optical drive .
- It is advised to use the VAIO Care™ hardware diagnostics to help resolve your issue.
- Before beginning this procedure, check the following:
- Download and install any updated drivers that may be available. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Ensure no hardware resource conflicts are present.
- Ensure a third-party application is not blocking access to the drive.
- Ensure that there are no items in Startup or System Services causing a conflict.
- Ensure the disc is clean and free of smudges, fingerprints and scratches, and that it is inserted correctly.
NOTE: The label should be facing up for CDs and single sided DVDs and Blu-ray Disc discs.
- Restart the computer.
NOTE: Wait a few seconds for the disc to be detected before double-clicking the drive to access it.
- Try a different disc in the drive.
NOTE: If another disc works in the drive, the disc may be damaged in some way or is not readable. If replacing the disc does not resolve the issue, proceed with the next steps.
- Turn off the computer.
- Unplug the computer from the AC power outlet for 30 seconds, then plug it back into a known working AC outlet.
- If the drive is removable, ensure the drive is properly connected and has power.
- Turn on the computer.
- If the computer is connected to a network, ensure the drive letter normally assigned to the optical drive is not assigned to a network drive or other resource.
- Perform a system restore to a point when the CD, DVD or Blu-ray Disc drive was functioning properly.
- Check for a possible virus on the computer.
- Remove upper and lower filters in the registry .
- Perform a system recovery.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.