How to activate the Windows 7 operating system.
- Click the Start button and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click System and Security.
- In the System and Security window, click System.
- In the System window, click Activate Windows now.
IMPORTANT: An active Internet connection is required to complete the online activation. If you do not have an active Internet connection or have trouble activating online for any other reason, click See other ways to activate and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- In the Windows Activation window, click Activate Windows online now.
- If you did not enter a product key during the initial setup of the operating system or need to enter a different product key, click Retype your product key and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You must enter the product key located on the packaging of your Windows® 7 operating system disc and NOT the product key located on the VAIO® computer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation.