How to run hardware diagnostics using the VAIOCare version 7 software.
Follow the steps below to diagnose specific hardware device issues:
- Press the Assist button on the computer.
- VAIO Care™ utility will launch the Troubleshooting Utility.
- Click Advanced Tools.
- Click Diagnostics.
- Choose the desired test. (Example: Hard drive, memory, etc.)
NOTE: RAID drive and Solid State Drives (SSD) are not supported.
- Click either Hard disk drive - quick test or the Hard disk drive - extensive test.
- The test progress will be displayed within VAIOCare.
- Click OK once the test is completed.
- Results displayed.