How to use the Web Notes feature of the Microsoft Edge browser.
The Web Note feature of the Microsoft® Edge browser allow you to annotate a web page, mark it up and share it. Follow these steps to use the Web Note feature.
- From the taskbar, click the Microsoft Edge icon.
- Browse to a web page that you would like to mark up, make notes and/or share, and then click the Make a Web Note button.
- Once in Web Note mode, a new toolbar will appear with various tools and options:
- (Pen): This icon will select the Pen tool and allow you to write, circle or mark the page. You can also change the pen color and size.
- (Highlighter): This icon will select the Highlighter tool allow you to highlight different areas of the page. You can also change the highlighter color and shape.
- (Eraser): This icon will select the Eraser tool that has a Clear All option that allows you to erase all previous web notes on the page.
- (Add a typed note): This icon will allow you to place a message box on the web page and write (type) a note within that box.
- (Clip): This icon will allow you to clip and save an image from the web page.
- (Save Web Note): This icon will allow you to save the current web page, with all of the web notes you may have made, into your Favorites and/or Reading list.
- (Share): This icon will allow you to share the web page on Facebook® app, Flipboard app, Microsoft OneNote® app or your Reading List.
- (Exit): This icon will allow you to exit from the Web Note mode.