How to perform a Windows update to download and install the latest Windows updates.
IMPORTANT: This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
- Ensure the computer is connected to the Internet.
- Start the Internet Explorer software.
- In the Internet Explorer window, on the menu bar, click Tools.
- On the Tools menu, click Windows Update.
- If prompted to install new Windows Update software, click the Yes button.
- After the Windows Update application has scanned the computer, verify that at least the Critical Updates are selected to be downloaded and installed.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
NOTE: This procedure may take a long time to complete, based on the number and file sizes of the updates that are being installed.