How to customize a specific power plan within the Power Options section of the operating system.
Follow these steps to customize a specific power plan within the Power Options section.
IMPORTANT: This procedure will allow you to configure the computer Power Options for maximum battery life (VAIO Optimized), maximum computer performance (High Performance), or a balanced mix of performance and battery life. Be aware that configuring the computer for maximum battery life will result in reduced performance, and configuring the computer for maximum performance will result in reduced battery life.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click System and Maintenance.
- In the System and Maintenance window, click Power Options.
- In the Power Options window, in the Preferred Plan section, below the desired power plan, click Change plan settings.
NOTE: Changes made within a specific power plan will affect that power plan only. This means that if the power plan selection is changed - from VAIO Optimized to High Performance, for example - any changes made to the setting within the previously selected power plan will not be reflected in the newly selected power plan. To ensure that a specific setting is customized the way you want it to be no matter what power plan is selected, modify that setting in all three power plan options.
- In the Edit Plan Settings window, click the down arrow next to Turn off the display or Put the computer to sleep to change either of those settings.
- To change additional power settings for the selected power plan, click Change advanced power settings.
- In the Advanced Settings window, click the Plus (+) button next to the setting category you wish to change.
NOTE: To change a setting in an area that is not available, click Change setting that are currently unavailable.