How to adjust the mouse pointer speed or motion sensitivity.
NOTE: Mouse pointer speed or motion sensitivity affects how fast the cursor travels on the screen. This is different than touchpad pressure sensitivity, which affects how much pressure is needed to activate the touchpad.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sound.
- In the Hardware and Sound window, under Devices and Printers, click Mouse.
- In the Mouse Properties window, click the Pointer Options tab.
- On the Pointer Options tab, in the Motion box, click and drag the slider to increase or decrease the speed of the mouse pointer.
- In the Mouse Properties window, click the OK button.