On most notebook computers, you can use the Fn+F5 keys to lower screen brightness level and the Fn+F6 keys to raise screen brightness level.
- If the function key combinations do not work, ensure the VAIO Event Service is started and running .
- Ensure the computer has all the latest drivers and software updates installed. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
The screen brightness can also be adjusted in the operating system by following this procedure.
- Click the Start button and in the Search programs and files field, type Power Options, and then press the Enter key.
- In the Power Options window, on the bottom of the window next to Screen brightness, move the slider bar to the desired level.
- The brightness will adjust in real time as the slider bar is moved.
- If the Screen brightness slider is not present at the bottom of the Power Options window, either the computer is in Speed mode, or the proper display drivers have not been installed.