Before you start
- Make sure to connect the camera directly to a USB port on the computer. Connection through a USB hub or other USB devices isn't supported.
- Computers pre-installed with older versions of Microsoft® Windows® operating systems may not be fully compatible with the Windows® 10 operating system. If the Windows 10 operating system on your computer is not pre-installed, then some import methods may not function correctly.
- For VAIO® computers, check Windows 10 compatibility on the Support for VAIO PCs website.
Transfer Pictures or Movies
- Power on your computer.
Note: If your computer has a card reader and your pictures or movies are on a memory card in your camera, you can insert the card directly into the computer and transfer the content.
- Make sure that the recording media that contains the pictures or movies is in the camera.
Note: For internal-memory cameras, remove the memory card from the camera. If a memory card is inserted, the computer can't read the internal memory.
- Connect the camera to the computer with the supplied USB cable.
- Power on the camera.
Note: The computer automatically detects the camera installs the appropriate drivers from the Windows 10 operating system, and an AutoPlay window should appear on the computer screen.
- Transfer your pictures and videos. Below are different methods to transfer your pictures and videos to your computer. Choose the option that works best for you.