The Touch Tracking is grayed out or not available
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Under certain conditions, the Touch Tracking function will be grayed out in the Setting menu and unavailable. Here are the setting conditions in which the Touch Tracking function will be unavailable:
- Touching the panel activates Spot Focus:
- File Format is set to XAVC S 4K, and Proxy Recording is set to On in the movie mode (Except ILCE-7SM3, ILCE-1, ILCE-7M4, ILCE-7RM5, ZV-E1, ILME-FX3, and ILME-FX30).
- 4K Output Select is set to Memory Card+HDMI in the movie mode while outputting images via HDMI® (Memory Card+HDMI is not available on all models).
- SteadyShot is set to Intelligent Active in movie mode (Intelligent Active is not available on all models).
- Record Setting is set to 120p/100p in the movie mode (Except ILCE-7SM3, ILCE-1, ILCE-7M4, ILME-FX3, and ILME-FX30).
- When Focus Mode is set to Manual Focus in the movie mode (Only for ILCE-1, ILCE-7C, ILCE-7SM3, ILCE-7M4, and ZV-E10).
- Touching the panel activates Touch Focus:
- Scene Selection is Hand-held Twilight or Anti Motion Blur (Anti Motion Blur is unavailable on all models).
- Subject Detection under Face/Eye AF Set. is set to Animal (except ILCE-9, ILCE-9M2, ILCE-7SM3, ILCE-7C, ILCE-7M4, ILME-FX3, ILME-FX30, and ZV-E10).
- Focus Mode is set to DMF (only for Cyber-shot).
- When Focus Mode is set to Manual Focus and the monitor is double-tapped (focus magnifier is available).
- Touch operation is unavailable:
- Shooting mode is set to Sweep Panorama (not available on all models).
- Using the Smart Zoom, Clear Image Zoom, and Digital Zoom functions.
- Using Smart Telecon (not available on all models).