How to connect a portable player to a car stereo with a rear AUX input
There are a couple of different ways that a portable player (such as a satellite radio tuner, a Walkman® player or Network Walkman™ player) can be connected using the AUX input on the back of a Sony® car stereo receiver:
- With an XA300 auxiliary input adapter.
- If you have an Apple® iPod® music player and a compatible car stereo, you can use the XA110IP or XA120IP Interface Adapter for iPod.
- As an alternate connection, you can use the DCC-FMT3 Car FM Stereo Transmitter and transmit music from your portable player to the FM radio of the car stereo via FM radio waves.
- The accessories mentioned above can be purchased from Sony Parts and Accessories Sales.  Go to Parts and Accessories.
- You may also be able to purchase them through the Sony Store.
Please contact a local or online authorized retailer to purchase a Sony product.
For customers in the United States: https://www.sony.com/retailers
- Professional installation is recommended for the XA300 auxiliary input adapter and the XA110IP or XA120IP Interface Adapter for iPod.
- There are some third-party adapters available that also will work. We recommend that you contact your local dealer for this information.