IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If the Bluetooth® car stereo is not detected by the Bluetooth audio device, check the following:
- Verify that the Bluetooth car stereo system has been paired with the Bluetooth audio device. Pairing the Bluetooth car stereo system and the Bluetooth audio device is required to establish connection between both units.
To pair the car audio and your phone, see the following procedure:
- Make sure Bluetooth is activated on the device you wish to pair with the car audio.
- Select the Bluetooth source (Phone).
- Go to Bluetooth Menu.
- In the Bluetooth settings menu, press Pairing.
- The above procedure is an example. If you cannot pair using this procedure or you want more details on the procedure, refer to the instruction manual of this unit or the connecting phone.
- Depending on the connecting device, the time limit for pairing may differ.
- Pairing is required on the initial set-up. The car audio unit and the connecting device will recognize each other automatically the next time.
- If the car audio unit and phone is not pairing after following the procedure, the phone may not be compatible with this unit.
- If another Bluetooth device is connected to the car stereo, it must be disconnected before the new device will be detected.
NOTE: The following icons will appear on the display to indicate that a device is paired.