IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow these steps, if the car receiver suddenly turns off unexpectedly or no longer works.
- Disconnect the power harness from the back of the head unit for a moment and then reconnect it.
- To prevent this problem from reoccurring, update the firmware by downloading the latest software update.
NOTE: If you have already upgraded to either of the software versions listed below, you do not need to update the firmware.
- MEX-XB100BT: 1300
- MEX-N4100BT/N5100BT: 1600
- MEX-N4150BT: 1700
- MEX-M100BT: 11
- WX-850BT/900BT: 21
How to check if you need the update:
- Power on the main unit.
- Press and hold the SOURCE button (SRC is printed on the button) for 1 second to turn the source off and display the clock.
- Press MENU button.
- Turn the control dial to display SET GENERAL, and then press the control dial.
- Turn the control dial to display SET FIRMWARE, and then press the control dial.
- Turn the control dial to display FW VERSION, and then press the control dial.
- Check the version number displayed.
If updating the software does not resolve the issue, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.