How do I search for music files on a CD or USB device with the car stereo?
NOTE: Not all car stereos have a Quick BrowZer function. To verify whether your car stereo receiver has the Quick BrowZer function, check the specifications of the device. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
You can search for a track easily by category in the Quick BrowZer mode of the car stereo receiver by doing the following:
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Press the Q (BROWSE) button.
NOTE: The stereo receiver enters the Quick BrowZer mode and the list of search categories appears. Display items differ, depending on the type of device or disc.
- Rotate the Control Dial to select the desired search category.
NOTE: You can select music from ALBUM, ARTIST, PLAYLIST, GENRE and TRACK.
- Repeat step 2 until the desired track is selected.
- Press the Control Dial to confirm the selection and to start playback.
- Press the Q (BROWSE) button to exit the mode.
- Selectable music classification is different from device to device.
- When entering the Quick BrowZer mode, the repeat/shuffle setting is canceled.
- Depending on the USB device, display items may not appear correctly.
- Depending on the USB device, no sound may output during the Quick BrowZer mode.
- If the music is not displayed in alphabetical order during Quick BrowZer mode, the Artist, Album and Track on the iPod or iPhone that is connected to the car stereo is displayed in alphabetical order without a description. For the USB mass storage class device, the Folders and Files are displayed in chronological order.