The Xperia Transfer 2 app can be used to transfer the data and content from your old iPhone® or Android™ smartphone to your new Xperia.
- To transfer the data from your old iPhone, you don't need to install the Xperia Transfer 2 to your old iPhone. You can start to transfer the data and content from your old iPhone by following the instructions on the Xperia Transfer 2 app.
Note: The iOS™ version on your old iPhone needs to be 9.0 or higher.
- The Xperia Transfer 2 can't transfer data from within apps, such as point data in game apps. Depending on the apps or service, you may be able to get that type of data from your account by registering again the account on your new Xperia. For more information, contact the developer's support of each app or service.
- Don't attempt to add, revise, or delete any data while a data transfer procedure is in progress.
- Make sure the batteries on both your new and old smartphones have at least 50% charge before you start the data transfer procedure.
Transfer data from iPhone
- Your old iPhone should be iOS version 9.0 or higher.
- You can transfer the data in your old iPhone by cable connection. You can also transfer the data and content restored in iCloud by Wi-Fi connection.
- You need to unregister the Message registration on your old iPhone to receive the SMS/MMS messages in your new Xperia. You may be able to unregister it in your old iPhone or using the web, please refer to the home page of Apple Inc.
- Before you start, in your new Xperia phone, use the Google Play store to update the Xperia Transfer 2 app to the latest version available.
- To transfer Message data, you will need to temporarily set the Xperia Transfer 2 app as the default SMS application on your new Xperia before you start transferring.
- To temporarily set the Xperia Transfer 2 as the default SMS application on your new Xperia.
- Find and tap Settings → Apps & notifications → Default apps → SMS app.
- Set Xperia Transfer 2 as the default SMS application.
After transferring the data, you can set your favorite messaging app as default by following the instructions on the Xperia Transfer 2. If you can't confirm the message data on your new Xperia even after the transfer, select your messaging app again in the settings of Apps & notifications.
Transfer by cable connection
- If the Xperia Transfer 2 gets stuck on the preparing screen, cancel it and then start over from the beginning of the Xperia Transfer 2.
Transfer from iCloud
- Connect your new Xperia to the internet with Wi-Fi.
- Sync your iPhone with iCloud®.
- If your iCloud account is locked, please contact the Apple support page .