Once setup, the Xperia Link app allows you to connect to the Internet using the tethering function of your Xperia phone.
Follow these steps to setup the Xperia Link app.
- The phone must be using a SIM card in order to use the Xperia Link app. The Xperia Link app cannot be set up or used if the mobile phone is not using a SIM card to connect with the Service Providers.
- Even with the presence of a SIM card, some Service Providers do not support the tethering function using the Xperia Link app. Contact your Service Provider to verify support option.
- Because the Xperia Link app uses Bluetooth® wireless technology to connect, if the Bluetooth function in either the phone or tablet is turned off, an Xperia Link connection cannot be established.
- On the phone, make sure the Xperia Link app has been downloaded and installed from the Google Play Store .
- On the Tablet desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-right corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Apps & Widgets icon.
- In the Apps & Widgets screen, tap the Xperia Link icon.
- In the Xperia Link screen, tap the Setup button.
- On the phone, start the Xperia Link app and in the Xperia Link screen, tap the Setup button.
- At the Tethering prompt, tap the OK button.
- Use the camera on the phone to scan the QR Code™ on the tablet.
NOTE: You may need to wait for a while until the connection is completed.
- On the tablet or phone, if a Connected prompt is displayed, tap OK.
The Xperia Link connection process is now complete.
NOTE: There will be a prompt in the Notification area of both the tablet and the phone confirming that the connection has been established.