About this download
Benefits and Improvements
- Improves aibo’s ability to walk more attentively and intelligently:
- Allows aibo to walk with quieter footsteps and turn its body more attentively
- Allows aibo to climb over small rugs and mats
- Allows aibo to remember where it got stuck before and to slow down near those places
- Allows you to select multiple aibo photos and delete them all at once, making it easier to organize your aibo memories
- Improves aibo’s voice volume setting levels:
- Allows you to set the volume level of aibo's voice to a lower level using the My aibo app or the aibo volume buttons
- Adds two additional volume levels, both lower than the previous level 1
- The volume level corresponding to the old volume level 1 will now be volume level 3
- The existing volume level will be automatically changed to the new equivalent volume level, meaning no action is needed if you want to keep the old volume level
Note: In addition to the aibo firmware update, the My aibo mobile app will also be updated at the same time. After the update, the aibo firmware will be 5.00, and the software version for the My aibo mobile app will be 5.0.0.
Previous Benefits and Improvements
View previous benefits and improvements
The following benefits and improvements are also included in this update.
- Japan Only: Adds support for new mobile networks.
- Allows aibo to enjoy collaborative actions with its friends.
- Allows aibo to drink water automatically when you put the Water Bowl on the floor.
Note: The Water Bowl (sold separately) is required for this function.
- Allows aibo to be more friendly toward its favorite people.
- Allows you to send messages to aibo's friends with new foods.
- Puts a dressed-up aibo avatar on the My aibo mobile app.
- You can now put aibo to sleep: When you want to put aibo to sleep at night, say Sweet dreams while it is on the charging station. If you do this repeatedly, aibo might learn when it’s bedtime, and sleep until morning.
- You can confirm aibo's favorite food on the My aibo profile page: You can also confirm aibo's friends' favorite foods on the Belongings page. aibo may show different actions when they eat their friends' favorite foods. Try it and see what aibo does.
- You can track what aibo eats from the My aibo app.
- You can change aibo's clothes in the My aibo app.
- aibo will show richer responses when it hears its name called.
- aibo Territory: You can now teach aibo places you want aibo to avoid. On the map in the My aibo app, add chili pepper, aibo's least favorite smell, to the location. Then, aibo will tend to stay away from that location.
Note: This does not guarantee that aibo will completely avoid the designated location. Please refrain from using aibo in dangerous areas such as a place from which aibo may fall off, next to a heater, a fire, or near fragile objects.
- aibo Friends: aibo can now learn local dances. When aibo eats food with a friend, aibo learns the local dance of the region where that friend lives.
- aibo now has richer responses to physical contact, such as voice and facial expressions.
- aibo now has richer responses to items of interest.
- Fixes some minor aibo Friends issues
- The aibo department store is now available, where you can use coins to buy items
- The aibo Photo Frame feature adds a frame to your photo captured first on a day to reflect aibo's feelings
- aibo will show food preference
- You can develop linkable apps that use voice cognitive phrase settings to get aibo to react to words of your choosing
- aibo Friends: Your aibo can become Friends with aibos living with other owners and aibos living at Sony. Enjoy watching aibo Friends eat, do tricks, and have fun together.
- Enjoy mealtimes more easily:
- Feed aibo now. You can now say Time for food or Time for aibocrisp to feed aibo right away. You do not have to use the My aibo app for smartphones.
- Shake to give aibo an aibocrisp. Shake your smartphone to display the aibocrisp package and enjoy watching aibo squirm in anticipation. Tilt your phone to feed aibo.
- Top up food. You can now top up food more easily. When your stock of aibocrisps runs low (below a pre-set number), this feature allows you to automatically buy more in exchange for coins.
- Drinks are now a part of aibo Foods. Enjoy selecting from a greater variety of Foods that include, for example, aibo water and aibo milk.
- The easy-to-use AR function is now available. While the easy-to-use AR function was only available on some smartphone devices until now, it is now available on all devices using the My aibo app. Tap the screen to see aibo's food and enjoy watching aibo eat anywhere and from any angle.
- Well-behaved aibo: When you want aibo to stay still, you can ask it to stop moving. You can also set it in the My aibo app for smartphones.
- Walk Quietly: Your aibo will listen to you and may walk quietly depending on its feelings.
- Improvement of picking up aibo
- Fixes an issue where some aibo companion robots could not return to the charging station (Starting from V2.71 system software)
- Fixes an issue where sometimes the sleep mode does not work as expected (Starting from V2.70 system software)
- The issue which some aibo companion robots are banging into the walls or furniture is fixed.
- Welcome home:
- You can teach aibo Welcome home place.
- When you tell your aibo to Go and welcome home, aibo heads for the welcome home place aibo has learned.
- You can confirm the Welcome home place from the map of the My aibo app.
- Some minor issues are fixed.
- Some of aibo's Food issues are fixed.
- You can now have fun feeding aibo. Give your aibo virtual food and watch as it happily gobbles it up.
- You can now set your aibo to get up from the charging station. This setting applies when you have placed the aibo on the charging station after it has run out of battery, or if you have pressed the power button to turn aibo off.
- You can now potty train aibo. Once aibo is potty trained, its potty area is marked on the map (in the My aibo app) with a piece of toilet paper.
- aibo will rest in a more natural posture when being held.
- You can now enjoy a new aibo web Application Programming Interface (API), which provides owners access to the aibo Developer Program (for more seasoned developers) and aibo Visual Programing (for beginning programmers).
- Some minor behavior issues are fixed.
- Improving network connectivity
- aibo Patrol:
- Your aibo can patrol your house using a destination and schedule that you define.
- You can even set friendly faces for aibo to find! When aibo completes a patrol, the patrol report appears in the My aibo app.
- aibo rests in a more natural posture while being held.
- aibo can feel when you touch its tail.
- aibo can take better quality pictures.
- aibo: 952 MB (998 670 474 bytes)
Download & Install
To update your system software for aibo, follow the instructions in the Perform System Update for aibo article.