IMPORTANT: This file is only for use with the models identified. Not all models are sold in all countries.
This information is for the following models:
About this download
Benefits and improvements
This utility updates the FL-N01 system software to version 4.0.1 and fixes the BlueBorne Bluetooth vulnerability.
Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version 4.0.1.
- System Software
- 641.08 MB
Before You Start
Determine if you need this update
Use the Future Lab Program N app on your smartphone to check your FL-N01 system software.
- Make a Bluetooth® connection to your FL-N01.
- Tap , and then Settings.
- Information about your software is listed in the General section.
- FL-N01 software update: Click this to see if there is a software update available
- FL-N01 information: Click this to see the software version or license information on your FL-N01
- App information: Click this to see software version or license information of the Future Lab Program N app
- If FL-N01 information lists the software version as 4.0.1 or higher, you do not need this update.
Before You Start
- Follow the update instructions carefully.
- Confirm that the battery level is at least 50% before installing this update:
- Tell the FL-N01 Listen up Nigel, or press the Voice Input button.
- When you hear the ready sound, tell the FL-N01 Battery level.
- If the FL-N01 reports that the battery charge is less than 50%, you need to charge the battery before installing the update.
- All user settings are retained during the firmware update.
- Do not power off the FL-N01 during the upgrade process. Loss of power during the installation of the firmware upgrade may cause the FL-N01 to be unresponsive or require repair.
- The FL-N01 may get hot during the upgrade process. As a precaution, be careful not to touch the FL-N01 during this time.
- After performing this update, it is not possible to return to or install a previous version of the system software. By downloading and installing this update, you acknowledge that you understand this update cannot be reversed.
- Please follow the upgrade instructions carefully. Failure to follow the instructions may interrupt the upgrade process and may cause the FL-N01 to be unresponsive or require repair.
Download & Install
- Download the updates.zip file to your computer. Note: Do not unzip the updates.zip file.
- Turn on the FL-N01.
- Connect the supplied micro-USB cable to the FL-N01, and then connect the other end to the computer.
- Drag updates.zip file to the root folder of the FL-N01. Note: It takes up to a minute to transfer the file.
- Once the file transfer is complete, disconnect the FL-N01 from the computer.
- Press and hold the Voice Input and Custom buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds until the unit vibrates and the LED changes color. Note: If the FL-N01 tells you Charge your device to start software update, the battery charge is less than 50% and you will need to charge the battery before updating the software.
- The FL-N01 system update starts.
- The Indicator Light (LED) will blink: initially red, then blue, then green. After 5-10 minutes the FL-N01 will automatically restart and then announce Update successful.
- Check the current firmware version to confirm that the update has successfully installed.
- If the version number is 4.0.1, the firmware update was successful.
- If the version number isn't 4.0.1, the update failed. Perform the update again.
- Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.
Contact our Support team if you need assistance with the upgrade.
Compatible Smartphone Models
The following smartphone models have been tested and are compatible with the FL-N01 and the version 4.0.1 system software:
- Xperia Z3 compact (Android 6.0, Android 5.1)
- Xperia Z5(Android 6.0)
- Galaxy S6 edge (Android 6.0)
- Galaxy S6 (Android 6.0)
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s (iOS 9.3)
- iPhone 6s Plus (iOS 10.2)
- iPhone 7 (iOS 10.2)