- If software has been installed for use with a third-party keyboard or mouse, uninstall the software to ensure there are no conflicts.
- On AMD™ or Transmeta™ processor-based computers, the function keys are hardware controlled and not controlled by a hot-key utility.
- The volume button, brightness key, and disc eject button on some computers will not work if the HotKey Utility application is not running.
- The Magnify button and the Fn keys will not function properly before the operating system has finished starting.
- The setting may not be saved if the ESC key is used to close the Fn display. Press the ENTER key or allow the Fn display to close automatically to save the setting.
- Click the Start button, then click Run.
- In the Run window, next to Open, type MSCONFIG.
- Press the ENTER key.
- In the System Configuration Utility window, click the Startup tab.
- On the Startup tab, under Startup Item, ensure that there is a check in the HKserv checkbox.
NOTE: If HKserv is missing, reinstall the HotKey Utility application and the Sony Utilities Library.
- Click the OK button.
- In the System Configuration box, click the restart button.