IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If you have a personal computer or laptop that has the Microsoft® Windows® 8.1 operating system installed, you can use the wireless Screen mirroring feature to display or extend your computer screen to a TV compatible with Miracast™ technology.
Before you start
- Make sure your computer and TV have all the latest driver and software updates installed.
- Your computer and TV must support the Miracast feature.
- General information is available if needed for connecting a computer to a TV using wired connections (HDMI, RGB).
- Screen mirroring is not a feature of Apple® devices. Use the Wi-Fi Direct® or Apple Air Play® features, depending on the TV model.
Follow the steps below to display your computer screen to the TV:
On your TV
- Make sure the Wi-Fi® for your TV is turned on. Check the manual for model-specific information.
- Depending on your TV type, follow the steps below to turn on the Screen mirroring feature.
- Android TV™
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Under Apps, select Screen mirroring.
- Follow the on-screen directions to complete the setup.
- Other TV models
- On the supplied remote control, press the INPUT button.
- Select Screen mirroring.
- Android TV™
On your computer
- On the compatible computer, turn the Wi-Fi setting to On.
Note: It is not necessary to connect the computer to a network.
- Press the Windows logo + C key combination.
- Select the Devices charm.
- Select Project.
- Select Add a display.
- Select Add a Device.
Select the model number of your TV.
- Depending on the TV being used, the computer may prompt you to enter a PIN code.
- If the computer prompts to enter a PIN code, use the PIN displayed on the TV screen.
- If the computer does not prompt to enter a PIN, the computer screen displays on the TV instantaneously.
- For other TV models, it may be required to select Next to display the computer screen on the TV.