A black border may appear around the screen of the LCD, or images may appear blocky and distorted, if the native resolution is not being used.
Follow this procedure to change the display resolution to the native resolution of the LCD.
IMPORTANT: This procedure must be performed while logged in as Administrator or to an account with Administrator rights.
- This symptom may also be a result of small wallpaper placed on a larger desktop.
- Third-party game software may cause this issue.
- If image expansion has been disabled by pressing Fn+F7 on the notebook, the image will not fill the LCD screen. Press Fn+F7 to return to standard LCD.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, double-click the Appearance and Themes icon.
- In the Appearance and Themes window, under pick a Control Panel icon:, double-click the Display icon.
- In the Display Properties window, click the Settings tab.
- On the Settings tab, click and drag the Screen resolution slider to the desired screen resolution.
- The native resolution of an LCD between 10 and 11 inches is 1280x768.
- The native resolution of an LCD between 15 and 17 inches is 1024x768.
- The native resolution of an LCD between 17 and 20 inches is 1280x1024.
- The native resolution of an LCD between 20 and 23 inches is 1600x1200.
- Confirm the native resolution of the LCD in the specifications for the specific model.
- Click the OK button.
- In the Monitor Settings window, click the Yes button.