- Ensure the camera is turned on and connected to the computer with the provided USB cable.
- On the computer desktop, click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, under Pick a category, double-click the Performance and Maintenance icon.
- In the Performance and Maintenance window, under or pick a Control Panel icon, double-click the System icon.
- In the System Properties window, click the Hardware tab.
- On the Hardware tab, in the Device Manager box, click the Device Manager button.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click Imaging devices.
- Under the Imaging devices, click to highlight Sony Digital Still Camera.
- On the menu bar, click the Action menu.
- On the Action menu, click Uninstall.
- In the Confirm Device Removal window, click the OK button.
NOTE: If the System Settings Change window appears, click the Yes button to restart the computer.
- If the System Settings Change window does not appear, restart the computer manually.
NOTE: When the computer restarts, it will detect the USB connection from the camera and automatically install the USB driver provided by the operating system.