- Turn on the camera and then connect it to the computer using a USB cable.
- It is recommended that the camera be connected to an AC Adapter as the power source. If an AC adapter cannot be used or is not available, be sure that the battery is fully charged before beginning the import process.
- If necessary, refer to the Operating Guide that came with your camera for specific instructions on how to properly connect it to a computer.
- If this is the first time you have connected a camera to the computer you will see a Media Files Import Settings window. In this window, click the desired import method and whether or not you wish to have the media files deleted from the camera after they have been imported to the computer, and then click the OK button.
- By default, when a camera is connected to the computer, the PMB VAIO Edition software is designed to start automatically to the Import Media Files to PMB window. If the PMB VAIO Edition software does not automatically start, follow this procedure to start the software manually:
- Click the Start button, click All Programs, click PMB, and then click PMB.
- In the PMB VAIO Edition window, on the menu bar, click File, and on the File menu, click Import Media Files.
- In the Import Media Files to PMB window, review the import settings displayed.
- In the top section, the information about the connected camera will be displayed. This includes the model, the media usage (amount used/amount available), and the drive letter assigned to the camera by the computer.
- In the Import settings section, the settings you selected in the initial Media Files Import Settings window will be displayed. If you wish to change any of these setting, click the Change button to display the Media Files Import Settings window again and make the desired changes.
- In the Import media files to: section, you will see the folder in which your videos and photos will be imported and saved, the free space in the selected folder, whether or not to import to a new folder and a space to allow you to name that folder. To change the folder in which your videos and photos will be imported and saved, click the Browse button, browse to and click the desired destination folder, and then click OK.
- Once the import settings are to your liking, click the Import button to begin the import process.
- When the import process is completed, the PMB VAIO Edition window will open and display the imported videos and photos.
NOTE: If you do not want the PMB VAIO Edition software to start automatically when a camera is connected, in the PMB VAIO Edition window, on the menu bar, click Tools, and then click Settings. In the Settings window, in the left-side panel click Import, and then click to remove the check in the box next to Import with PMB when a device is connected. Note that you can also make other import setting changes in this window.