How to roll back to a previously installed device driver.
If a driver update or reinstall fails, the following procedure can be used to revert back to the previously installed driver.
- Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel window, click System and Maintenance.
- In the System and Maintenance window, click Device Manager.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.
- In the Device Manager window, click to select the appropriate driver.
- On the menu bar, click Action and then click Properties.
- In the Properties menu, click the Driver tab.
- Click the Roll Back Driver button.
- In the Driver Package rollback window, click the Yes button.