The LCD screen on the digital photo frame turns black or goes blank by itself after a short time.
This symptom could be caused by a couple of different things. The Auto power OFF timer setting may be turned on. Or, there could be a corrupt file in the internal memory of the digital photo frame.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue:
- Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the display status of the LCD screen after completing each step.
- Refer to the operating instructions of the product if model-specific information is needed to complete any of the steps. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Make sure the Auto power OFF timer setting in the menu is set to OFF.
- Reset the photo frame back to factory specifications.
- Remove any recording media from the digital photo frame.
- Make sure the photo frame is turned on.
- On the back of the frame, use a pointed object like a ball-point pen to press the small RESET button for 3-4 seconds.
WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. The following step requires formatting the internal memory of the digital photo frame. Any images on the internal memory will be erased. Make sure you have copies of the pictures saved on a computer or other media before proceeding.
- Format the internal memory.
- Insert recording media that contains photos into the appropriate slot in the digital photo frame.
NOTE: Afterwards, you can copy pictures back to the internal memory album if desired.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.