Audio checked out to the Net MD™ Walkman® recorder can be transferred (checked in) to the hard drive of the computer via a USB connection. Audio recorded to the Net MD™ Walkman® recorder via an external source such as a microphone or radio, can only be recorded to a computer via an analog connection.
- Due to the various differences among computers and software applications, the steps provided here are a basic guideline. Please consult the manufacturer of your computer equipment for specific information about the computer.
- To record analog audio into a computer, the following is required: A sound card installed in the computer with an audio input connection, software capable of capturing audio, a stereo audio cable with appropriate connections to connect the portable recorder to the computer.
- Connect one end of the stereo audio cable to the headphone jack of the portable recorder.
- Connect the other end of the stereo audio cable to the audio input jack on the computer.
- Start the audio recording software and set it up for recording.
NOTE: Adjust the volume level on the portable recorder so that the input signal received by the audio software is suitable for recording.
- Enable recording in the audio software.
- Press the Play button on the portable recorder.
** Information regarding upgrading to the latest version of Sony's music management software is available at the Digital Music Player Support Web site at http://www.sony.com/walkmansupport . Please note system requirements prior to upgrading your current application.