Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
- Stop the cassette tape.
- Remove the cassette tape from the player.
- Use a pencil to reduce any tape slack [FIG. 1] on the cassette.
- Clean the tape heads in the player using a commercially available dry tape head cleaner.
- Reinsert the cassette tape into the player.
- Begin playing the tape.
- If the issue it not resolved, attempt to play a different cassette tape.
- If the issue is resolved when playing a different cassette tape, then the previous cassette tape is faulty.
- If the issue is still unresolved after completing all the troubleshooting steps, service will be required .