IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
This information is provided help with your Reader Daily Edition™ digital book when you're unable to connect to a Wi-Fi® network or receive an error when trying.
If you're still unable to connect to a Wi-Fi network after completing the latest update, refer to the information below:
Wireless switch and settings
- Make sure the WIRELESS switch is set to ON and that Wi-Fi is set to On in the Wireless Controls setting.
Note: If the WIRELESS switch was set to ON, turn it off and then back on again.
- Refresh the Wi-Fi network manually. Under Wi-Fi Network Settings, tap Refresh Network List.
Further troubleshooting and suggestions
- The Reader may be too far from the wireless access point/router. Make sure the Reader is within range of your wireless access point/router.
- Obstructions such as walls, metal, or concrete between the Reader and your wireless access point/router may adversely affect the connection. Try moving the Reader to a different location.
- There may be other equipment nearby using the 2.4 GHz frequency band. This includes devices such as cordless phones, microwave ovens, or Bluetooth® computer equipment. Try moving the equipment away or turn it off.
- The Wi-Fi service may be temporarily unavailable or degraded. Check with the administrator of the Wi-Fi service for the status.
Note: For a home network, perform a power reset of your modem and access point/router by disconnecting power for at least one minute, then turn your network devices back on and wait a few minutes to establish a connection.
- Check if any extra settings such as encryption key (WEP/WPA), fixed IP address, or proxy are required to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- The wireless access point/router may be configured to filter or block access by MAC address. Check the MAC address in the About screen of the Settings menu , then register the MAC address with the wireless access point/router to connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- The wireless access point/router may be using 152-bit encryption key. WEP of the Reader does not support 152-bit encryption key.
- WEP key automatic recognition may not be correct. You many need to select the encryption method type of the wireless access point/router manually.
- The access point/router you want to use may be set to make its SSID invisible to users. In this case, the access point/router may not be shown on the Wi-Fi network list and you'll need to enter the SSID manually.
- When using the Browser application, some public Wi-Fi require you to enter a user ID and password using the internet browser. Check with the public Wi-Fi service you intend to connect to for more information.
- The Wi-Fi network may be using a security protection system not supported by your Reader. Consult with the administrator of the network.
- The Wi-Fi network settings of the access point/router may not be correct. Adjust the settings as described in the manual for the access point/router or information provided by the administrator of the Wi-Fi network.