The remote control may not work or operate correctly for the following reasons:
- The remote has lost Bluetooth® connection (only for remotes that have the built-in IR Blaster function).
- In this case, a separate article is available if the remote control doesn't work, but the Power button does.
- The remote doesn't support the model or component type.
- The remote doesn't support the manufacturer.
- Specific features, such as menu systems or timer functions, may not be accessible with the remote.
- Units that were not originally supplied with a remote control may not be remote compatible.
- Components over seven years old may not be compatible with current remote controls.
- New components may not be compatible with older remote controls.
- Remote controls may not support mechanical functions, such as a power button.
- Some receivers have a command mode setting. Set it to Command Mode 1 so that a universal remote control can control it.
- Some audio components only work with the original remote control.
- Universal remote controls won't work with components that use a two-way remote communication system, SAVA speaker systems, or specific AV receiver models.
- Something is blocking the IR sensor on the device.
Troubleshoot the Remote Control
Select your product type for the appropriate troubleshooting steps for your remote: