Your aibo™ robotic companion can be carried onto an airplane, just as you would other personal items.
Packing your aibo
- Turn off the power to prevent aibo from moving.
- Because airplanes do move, it's recommended that you place your aibo in a protective case when you bring it into the cabin.
At the security checkpoint
- In order to complete the baggage inspection smoothly, take aibo from the bag, place aibo on a tray at the security checkpoint to be X-ray inspected by security.
- X-ray inspection will cause no data loss or damage.
- According to International Air Transport Association (IATA) policy, lithium-ion batteries that are 160Wh or less can be brought onto an airplane. The built-in battery of aibo is 36Wh.
- The battery can't be removed from aibo.