If the S-AIR wireless surround speakers no longer work after connecting the shielded cable to the Blu-ray Disc® (BD) Home Theater (HT) system, there may be a problem with the pairing or there could be an incorrect setting. Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Verify there is a solid green light on the surround amplifier. The solid green light indicates that there is pairing between the main unit and surround amplifier. If this light is not solid, follow these steps .
- Make sure that the surround amplifier is set to surround, not surround back.
- Set the speaker connection on the main system to Surround: Yes by doing the following:
- On the remote control, press the HOME button.
- Once the HOME menu appears, press the left or right arrow to select SETUP.
- Press the up or down arrow to select Audio Settings and then press + [FIG. 1].
- Press the up or down arrow to select Speaker Settings and then press + [FIG. 1].
- Once the Speaker Settings display appears, press the up or down arrow to select Connection and then press + [FIG. 1].
- Under Connection, select Surround and verify the Surround setting is Yes.
NOTE: If the surround setting is set to none, change it to Yes.