MUTING appears on front panel display of the home theater or sound bar system if there is no audio signal sent from the HDMI® ARC output of the audio system to the TV HDMI ARC input. This is a normal operation.If you do not want to see the MUTING message, check these suggestions.
- Turn off the Control for HDMI.The steps to disable the Control for HDMI vary depending on model of the audio system. For further details on how to set the Control for HDMI, check the instruction guide that came with the audio system.
Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- The factory default setting for the Control for HDMI function of the home theater or sound bar system is ON.
- The home theater or sound bar system retains the settings the next time the device is powered on.
- During the setting of the Control for HDMI function, the System Audio Control function does not work. This is normal operation.
- If the muting message still appears after you disabled the Control for HDMI, perform a factory reset on the home theater system or sound bar system. The steps to perform a factory reset on the audio system varies on the home theater or sound bar system used. Refer to the instructions guide to for further details. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
If the home theater or sound bar system continues to mute after turning the HDMI control is Off, service may be required.  Go to Product Repair.