- Not all Blu-ray Disc® Home Theater, DVD Home Theater, and AV receivers have a Test Tone function. Refer to the specifications or instructions manual supplied with the unit to check if the Test Tone function is available.
- The steps on how to perform a Test Tone vary depending on the model of your Blu-ray Disc Home Theater, DVD Home Theater, and AV receivers. Consult the instructions manual for model specific information.
- The home theater system or AV receiver must be connected to a TV to display the menu settings.
- The steps in this article is an example of how to perform a test tone on a BDV-N790W Blu-ray Disc home theater system.
- On the supplied remote control of the home theater system or AV receiver, press the HOME button.
- Select Setup.
- Select Audio Settings.
- Select Speaker Settings.
- Select Test Tone and set it to On.
NOTE: Once this setting is enabled, the test tone is emitted from each speaker in sequence while adjusting the level.
- Press the up or down arrow keys to select Level.
- Select the desired speaker type.
- Press up or down arrow keys to adjust the level.
- Press the Enter button once the desired level for the speaker is adjusted.
- Repeat steps 7 to 9 to adjust other speakers.
- Press RETURN button on the remote control.
NOTE: The screen returns to the previous display.
- Select Test Tone.
- Select Off.
NOTE: The test tone signals are not output from the HDMI (OUT) jack.