Follow these general guidelines regarding disc compatibility.
- There are no guarantees that all CDROM or DVDROM drives, DVD decks or audio CD players are compatible with all CDR, CDRW, DVDR, or DVDRW discs.
- Refer to the instruction manual provided with the playback device to verify disc compatibility.
- Many drives and players may not be able to read CDR, CDRW, DVDR, or DVDRW discs if the disc or session has not been closed by the authoring software.
- If the disc was written using packet writing software, only another computer using packet writing software will be able to read the disc.
- Different media types may require a different type of laser in order to read the stored information on the disc.
For Example: CDRW media requires a different laser than standard CDs or CDR media. As a result, all audio CD players can read standard manufactured CDs, many can read CDR discs, but only some of the newest players will read CDRW discs.