If all you hear from the speakers is static or distorted sound, there could be an incorrect setting or there may be a problem with the speakers. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue.
- Verify the speakers are properly connected to the system.
- If applicable, try changing the sound mode on the system.
- Try changing any controls that are on your system, such as the balance control, tone control, volume control, etc.
- Try playing a different source (CD, TAPE, RADIO, etc).
- If applicable, try replacing the speaker wires with a different gauge of speaker wire.
- If possible, test the speakers on a different stereo system.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.